Mi Casa will be in on tour this coming August, and will be the UK for their Headline show at Scala
Dance music never sounded so unique, so fresh, so original. Mi Casa is a live soulful dance trio out of the African continent. Live horns, vocals, keys, combined with deep soulful grooves this act is making some noise, and it sounds good. An energy on stage like no other.
Since 2010 Mi Casa have dominated charts in South Africa with a total of 8 number 1 singles which included their smash hit Jika and Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend which both went multi platinum and were the most played songs on national and continental radio platforms. The trio has hosted countless sold out shows in 31 African countries as well as in Portugal, UK, Netherlands, Italy, and Canada.
What makes this band unique besides the music is their persona and values that are deeply rooted in making music that carries positive vibes and a good uplifting energy.
Other recent achievements of theirs include:
- Sold out concerts in London, Rome, Portugal, Glasgow, Canada, Johannesburg,
Durban, Cape Town and 23 other African countries.
- Performed at US President Barack Obama’s Inauguration.
- Nominated for MTV EMA for ‘Best African Act’ & ‘Best Group’ in 2016.
- Performed at the opening of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014.
- iTunes debut at #1 on the Musica local charts and the Musica overall charts.
- No.1 in the UK on BBC Radio 1Extra.
- Nominated for 3 MTV Africa Music Awards namely; ‘Artist of the Year’, ‘Best
Group’ and the coveted ‘Song of the Year.’
- Have collaborated and performed alongside Grammy award-winning artists,
Ladysmith Black Mambazo.
- Recipients of 5 South African Music Awards (SAMA) including ‘Best Duo Group’,
‘Best Dance Group’, and the coveted ‘Record of the Year’.
- No. 1 most played song in Africa for 13 weeks running for their song ‘Jika’.
- 8x Platinum with ‘’Don’t Wanna be Your Friend’ ft. DJ Euphonik.
- 2016 SAP ambassadors & performed at The World Economic Forum.
- 2016 MAMA Nomination for ‘Best Group’.
Judging by their mind-blowing collaborations with the likes of C4 Pedro, Eddy Kenzo, Yemi Alade and Kenyan favorites Sauti Sol, it is evident that the band are in tune with the musical pulse of Africa, and 2018 will see the group embarking on the long anticipated ‘Legacy Tour’ which spans the African continent. This tour aims to invigorate
While the band are most definitely looking forward to their ‘Legacy Tour’ next year, the rest of 2017 sees the band going further afield to play some impressive venues in Canada, Texas, Portugal and The UK. During Mi Casa’s international career, the guys have amassed a truly diverse fan base overseas and aim to grow this by the time the year is out. They will then bring it all back to their roots, firmly anchored in Africa, and continue to grow and share their creative output with their adoring fans the world over.
This is a refreshing act. A must see.
“We are nothing without people. All we wanna do is spread that good energy and make people dance. Looking forward to growing the familia across the globe.” J’Something, lead singer of the band.
mgmt.@micasamusic.com | Sarah Jane Nicholson | +27799774185 www.micasamusic.com
INFO ON Mi CASA
Consisting of 3 members J’Something, Dr Duda & MO-T are one of South Africa’s leading Musical Trios. Pioneers of the new-age House/ Jazz infused sound, they have performed in some of the biggest platforms across the country as well as territories such as Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana Portugal and more.
Mi Casa X Eddy Kenzo Movie Star
Mi Casa, Yemi Alade - Get Through This
SAUTI SOL x MI CASA - TULALE FOFOFO
MI CASA - Jika