ViacomCBS Networks Africa (VCNA) is underscoring its position in the media and entertainment industry with an impressive, record breaking thirty-two awards at this year’s 2021 Promax Africa Awards.
The VCNA design team is deservedly recognised for their phenomenal creative work with most of the awards giving recognition to the creative and design work done on, Comedy Central Africa’s Novemballs and MTV Base Africa Got Next. The most notable win for the VCNA design team includes, Best Design Without Footage for New at Nein and Most Outstanding Design in Promotions for the home of African Comedy, Comedy Central Africa’s Novemballs.
Sticking to its mantra of pushing the creative envelope, Comedy Central Africa’s Novemballs, the biggest campaign on the Comedy Central Roast each year, took home a staggering six awards, five of those in the gold category. The purpose of the Novemballs campaign is to draw attention to testicular cancer by encouraging men to regularly self-test and take precautions against testicular cancer.
“Congratulations to our talented team behind each accolade. This record-breaking win for us speaks to the innovation and creativity our team and partners put in regularly to engage with audiences and communities. The Promax Africa Awards are an esteemed recognition of entertainment marketing and the awards are testament to VCNA’s commitment to creating content with an authentic Africa narrative that travels across the world”, commented Dillon Khan, Vice President of Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and ViacomCBS International Studios at VCNA.
The Promax Awards are the world’s premier celebration of outstanding achievement in entertainment marketing and design and reflect VCNA’s commitment to bringing the best entertainment through outstanding and relevant content. VCNA would like to congratulate all the winners on their outstanding performances.
The winning ViacomCBS Networks Africa campaigns from the 2021 Promax Africa Awards are:
- Best Image Campaign (Television or Streaming Platform) – Novemballs
- Best Themed Campaign – New At Nein
- Best Reality/Unscripted/Non-Fiction Programme Spots – Carbonara Speed Read
- Best Use of Humour In Promotion- Novemballs
- National Geographic Best Public Service Announcement / Community Spot - Novemballs
- Best Use of Design in Video – Beautiful Nine
- Best Design Without Footage – New at Nine
- Most Outstanding Design in Promotion – Novemballs
- Something For Nothing – Festive Season PSA
- Best Copy / Script Writing – New At Nein
- Best Reality/Unscripted/Non-Fiction Programme Spots - Mbau Reloaded Launch Promo
- Best Children's Promo - Nickmusic
- Mama Africa Award - Africa Got Next
- Something For Nothing – Youth Day
- Best Music Composition - Isono
- Best Copy / Script Writing- New At Nein
- Best Ident Design - MTV Stings
- Best Original Logo Design - Drip City
- Best Design Without Footage - Baselines
- Most Outstanding Design in Promotion - Africa Got Next
- Use Of Celebrity/Influencer/Talent Using social media – Black Girl Magic
- Best Movie Promo – Live for The Moment
- Program Intro Sequence- Nickmusic
- Best CG Animation- 100% Naija
- Best Design Without Footage – Amapiano
- Something For Nothing- Carbonara Speed Read
- Best PSA- Festive Season
- Representation In Action- Women’s Day
- Best Editing- Live for The Moment
- Best Integrated Marketing Campaign – Novemballs
- Best Image Promo- Africa Got Next